Think Outside. No Box Required.
Do you love outdoors and leading others?
Are you passionate about helping others and making a difference every day?
We are First Light Wilderness Therapy and we are on a mission to drive teen and young adult anxiety, depression, and suicide from all time highs of today to all-time lows by 2028.
To do so we need great people on our team just like you.
Imagine a role where you contribute to helping a child and family heal!
We specialize in treating struggles associated with adoption, trauma, anxiety, and addiction.
We do this in the in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, where nature provides peace and healing.
We are seeking an Academic Director that is passionate to help struggling teens by ensuring all student academic and mastery plans are completed. Our Academic Director plays a very important role by assessing, planning, evaluating, and documenting the academic journey of each student which supports each student in the therapeutic process of healing.
The Academic Director will be responsible to:
- Work collaboratively with Field Staff to ensure each student has positive and quality academic experience
- Create academic and mastery plans for every student and oversee to completion
- Assist Field Team with tools and resources to carry out plan
- Develop relationships with students and assist as needed to ensure academic success
- Track and document progress and completion in EMR system
- Ensure adherence to accreditation and licensing requirements and maintain documentation (ie: COGNIA, Joint Commission)
To be successful you will:
- Be a natural leader with excellent leadership, communication, and problem solving skills
- Have a servant leader heart that finds leading others rewarding
- Enjoy the outdoors and have backcountry experience
- Be resourceful and have good judgement
- Have a talent of connecting well with others from variety of backgrounds including students, parents, and staff
- Be passionate about helping teens learn and heal
- Be able to maintain healthy boundaries to role model healthy communication
- Have experience in similar program serving adolescents
About First Light Wilderness Therapy
At First Light Wilderness Therapy, our goal for every student is to achieve meaningful change by creating an environment of adventure where joy is re-discovered and nurtured, where adventure leads to self-discovery, and where relationships heal and grow. Our program is designed to support the building of a foundation for healthy living that is sustainable. Set in the serenity of the Blue Ridge Mountains in northern Georgia, our field area is nestled in the Chattahoochee and Oconee National Forest and is sprinkled with miles of clear-running streams and rivers, making it an ideal setting for our evidence-based outdoor behavioral healthcare.
Jobs at First Light Wilderness Therapy.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at First Light Wilderness Therapy, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with First Light Wilderness Therapy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at First Light Wilderness Therapy are posted, please sign up for new job openings at First Light Wilderness Therapy.