Instructor – Psychology and Counseling
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300331
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Department: Psychology and Counseling
Department of Psychology and Counseling
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
Renewable Non-Tenure Track
- Teach 5 courses in psychology per semester
- Must be qualified and willing to teach a variety of courses both online and face to face in the psychology major
- Advise students and maintain a schedule of office hours
- Attend meetings, engage in curriculum and program development as well as service to the department, college and institution
- Recruitment and retention of students
- Master's or Ph.D. in Psychology; Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university
- Demonstrated ability to teach assigned courses, including courses in the general psychology curriculum and clinical (e.g. personality).
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to teach face-to-face, HyFlex and online courses
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the department and University community
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2024 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 31, 2023.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vita
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and contact information of three current references
About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO): Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Psychology can be found at https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/education-health/psychology-counseling/
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4231237/instructor-psychology-and-counseling
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University.