University of Idaho
Executive Director for the Center on Disabilities and Human Development
Location: Moscow, Boise
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Center on Disabilities and Human Development (CDHD) administered through the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (EHHS) at the University of Idaho seeks applications for a dynamic and visionary executive director to oversee all aspects of CDHD functions, provide leadership to assure that the UCEDD responds to the expressed needs identified by people with disabilities, their families, advocates and policy makers across the state and nation; form partnership within the University, across the state and nation to achieve program goals; collaborate with university faculty and administration to facilitate an integrated approach to teaching, learning, research, and evaluation across disciplines; and leverage resources to grow existing programs and develop new areas of focus.
- Education: Earned doctorate in Education, Special Education, Health and Human Sciences, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Public Policy; Medical Allied Field, or related field of study.
- Experience securing and sustaining funding streams;
- Record of leadership experience in the field of disabilities to include: scholarship/research, outreach, advocacy, and policy development.
- Experience leading organizational and strategic futures planning;
- Experience working with public and private funds;
- Evidence of scholarship in outreach, research and/or policy development;
- Experience collaborating and navigating within and among university systems, state and federal agencies, policy makers, advocacy groups, consumers with disabilities, and families;
- Experience in college (graduate and/or undergraduate) level teaching;
- Experience managing a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to effectively engage with individuals from diverse communities;
- Experience working in and/or with University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs) and related interdisciplinary research, education, and services;
- Experience building a strong research, program evaluation, and public policy team;
- Experience advocating for and supporting the needs of people with disabilities and their families across complex service systems (e.g., Education, Home and Community-Based Medicaid Services, Social Security, Guardianship and Supported Decision Making, Transitions across the age span);
- Experience with distance approaches to education, training, services and supports in a rural state.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001074P
Posting Date: 11/01/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply for the position, applications should include:
1) a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for the position including how you will advance the College and University’s commitment to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment,2) curriculum vita,3) names and contact information of three references, and4) unofficial transcript
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2022 and continue until a suitable applicant is found.
Please direct questions to:
Dr. Scott Clyde email@example.com
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About University of Idaho
Why U of I?
Are you brave and bold? Come be a part of the Vandal family!
The University of Idaho is committed to promoting access and inclusion, which is supported by the Office of Equity and Diversity. A variety of programs, services and policies promote our diversity initiatives and contribute to a respectful, responsive environment that supports the entire university population.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes core benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, as well as retirement and other exciting supplemental benefits that enhance the employment experience and life at U of I.
Employee Assistance Plan: Benefit Services offers a robust employee assistance program that is free and confidential. It provides eligible employees and their families with the opportunity to discuss personal problems with a professional counselor, receive unlimited telephone and Internet access to resource and referral information and obtain other self-help information.
Time Away from Work: The university offers a generous paid time off package for benefit-eligible employees, as well as 12 paid holidays a year.
Lactation Rooms: Designated locations across campus offer private rooms and resources for mothers to breastfeed or pump.
Campus Recreation: Student Recreation Center memberships are available to board-appointed U of I faculty, staff and their spouses. Employees must use payroll deduction for memberships.
Eligible employees can purchase wellness passes for the Student Recreation Center using payroll deduct.
Events: Check out what university events are being offered, including seminars, classes, arts/entertainment, and social gatherings.
Educational Resources: Benefit-eligible employees and their families can enroll in University of Idaho courses at discounted rates using the education benefit.
U of I Children's Center: University employees have access to a year-round, child-centered child care center, conveniently located on campus. Fees vary depending on age and schedule.
About the area
Located in the beautiful rolling hills of the Palouse, Moscow is a great place to live, work and play! In addition to housing our residential campus, this safe, close-knit community offers amazing restaurants, arts and entertainment, shopping, recreational activities, and breathtaking natural beauty.
The University of Idaho also provides state-wide impact through other campus locations including:
If you have any questions about pursuing a career at U of I, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-3611.