Clinical Assistant Professor- School Psychology—Search #67981
Georgia Southern University
College of Education- Department of Leadership, Technology, and Human Development
The Department of Leadership, Technology, and Human Development in the College of Education invites applications and nominations for the position of non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of School Psychology.
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving over 25,500 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
Within this setting, the Department of Leadership, Technology, and Human Development
(http://coe.georgiasouthern.edu/lthd) includes four distinct programs – School Psychology, Counselor Education, Educational Leadership, and Instructional Technology. The school psychology program is nationally recognized and fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). The program's curriculum is designed to provide high quality instruction and field experiences necessary for graduates of the program to deliver comprehensive school psychological services. The program is a hybrid program and offers an Ed.S. degree.
Position Description: Reporting to the chair of the Department of Leadership, Technology, and Human
Development, the Clinical Assistant Professor of School Psychology position requires a terminal degree
and involves advisement of graduate students; participation in promoting student success; didactic and
practical instruction that includes both face-to-face and online courses; participation in service activities across program, department, college, university, and
professional levels; and participation in ongoing program assessment and development. This is an
academic 10-month non-tenure-track appointment, requiring teaching four courses in the fall and spring semesters, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Earned doctorate in School Psychology, or a closely related field, by August 1, 2024.
• One year experience in a school, clinical, or higher education setting (may be an internship or
• Eligibility for certification as a school psychologist in Georgia.
• Experience working with diverse student populations.
• Ability and willingness to teach school psychology graduate courses in professional school
psychology, cognitive assessment, behavioral assessment and intervention, curriculum-based
assessment, school-based conceptualization, consultation, and field-based courses of practicum
• Ability to teach face-to-face and online courses.
• Ability to use and model technology.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and candidates.
• Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives.
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring,
and curriculum design and development.
• Clinical experience with school-aged children.
• Experience using distance education technology.
• National certification as a school psychologist (NCSP).
• Licensure eligibility as a psychologist in Georgia or as a psychologist or school psychologist
in another state.
• Three years of experience as a school psychologist.
• Experience with field supervision of school psychology internships.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
• All work (with limited exceptions such as research and study abroad and outside activities such as grading and email correspondence) for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy.
• Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on campus.
• Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins November 17, 2023, and continues until the position is filled. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Pamela C. Wells, Search Co-Chair, Search #67981
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: https://tinyurl.com/4aj9f8w8
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With 141 degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a public Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution and serves over 26,400 students from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico as well as 102 nations.
With three vibrant campuses — the Statesboro Campus, the Armstrong Campus in Savannah and the Liberty Campus in Hinesville — Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery and personal growth. Georgia Southern’s nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as world citizens. A unit of the University System of Georgia, the University boasts 200-plus student organizations, outstanding Division I athletics, and state-of-the art residence halls and campus facilities.
Since 1906, the University’s hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University’s mission is the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement.
Faculty, staff, and students embrace core values expressed through integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Georgia Southern University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Georgia Southern University.