Assistant Professor – Psychology and Counseling – Clinical Psychology
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300032
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Assistant Professor – Tenure Track
Department of Psychology and Counseling
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
- Teach 4 courses in psychology per semester (7 undergraduate courses per year and one graduate course, psychometrics)
- Must be qualified and willing to teach a variety of courses both online and face to face in the psychology major, primarily courses in the clinical area
- Advise students and maintain a schedule of office hours
- Attend meetings, engage in curriculum and program development as well as service to the department, college and institution
- Ph.D. or ABD (with Ph.D. by August 2023) in Clinical Psychology (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Demonstrated ability to teach assigned courses, including courses in the general psychology curriculum and clinical psychology (e.g. personality).
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to teach face-to-face, HyFlex and online courses
- Demonstrated active research agenda and associated peer-reviewed professional productivity
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the department and University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2023 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 10, 2023.
To Apply: Submit the following items by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position required qualifications
- Current curriculum vita
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information of three current, professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Psychology and Counseling can be found at https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/education-health/psychology-counseling/.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/3912361/assistant-professor-psychology-and-counseling-clinical-psychology
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.