The Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Utah invites applications for a career-line (non-tenure track) position at the rank of Assistant Professor with primary responsibilities in the undergraduate BA/BS degree program. The undergraduate program in Educational Psychology welcomed its first cohort of students in Fall 2021 and will have program graduates starting in Fall 2023. Please see the website for more information about this new program: https://ed-psych.utah.edu/news/bsdegree.php
We seek an individual with prior experience or strong potential for success in teaching undergraduate courses, supervising practicum experiences, supporting student recruitment efforts, and advising/mentoring undergraduate students. Strong candidates will have the ability to develop collaborative working relationships within the college, across campus, and in the community and to work effectively with diverse student populations.
- Teach seven courses (or course equivalents) across the academic year based on education, experiences, and licensure (e.g., Interviewing & Counseling, Introduction to Multiculturalism, Group Dynamics, Fundamentals of Behavior Change, Social Emotional Learning Strategies, Consultation & Collaboration, etc.)
- Support continued growth of the undergraduate program, including (but not limited to):
- Program advertising and student recruitment
- Collaboration with practicum supervisors
- Student advising and mentoring
- Engage in service to the department and University.
About University of Utah, Educational Psychology Department
The University of Utah cultivates an academic environment in which the highest standards of intellectual integrity, teaching, research and scholarship are practiced. Students at the University learn from and collaborate with faculty who are at the forefront of their disciplines and who offer high quality engaged learning and clinical experiences. The University faculty and staff are committed to helping students excel. We zealously preserve academic freedom, promote diversity and equal opportunity, and respect individual beliefs.
Jobs at the University of Utah.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at the University of Utah, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the University of Utah and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Utah are posted, please sign up for new job openings at the University of Utah.