The Assistant Director of College Support will be responsible for case management of up
to 15 undergraduate students enrolled at St. Joseph’s University or other Universities who
have self-identified as being on the Autism Spectrum. This position will also assist with
the development and implementation of recruitment strategies aimed at college bound
students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This individual will support external relations
through responsibilities related to case management services, training, and support for
students, and will represent the Kinney Center both internally and externally.
· Provide case management services for up to 15 students with Autism Spectrum
Disorder who participate in the ASPIRE Program including but not limited to: weekly
meetings with students, communication with student’s family, faculty members and
campus support offices.
· Personal communication, correspondence, and follow up (written, electronic,
telephone) with prospective students, their families and guidance counselors.
· Develop social accommodation plans for students on caseload.
· Collaboration with the Office of Student Educational Support to ensure students are
registered to receive academic accommodations.
· Provide Autism Spectrum Disorder trainings to Saint Joseph’s University faculty,
staff, students and community members.
· Assist with development and implementation of recruitment initiatives for College
· Responsible for content creation and delivery of College Bound Retreat in webinar
and in person formats.
· Responsible for content creation and delivery of College and Vocational Preparation
classes including lesson development, goal selection and progress monitoring.
· Collaboration with team members regarding the Peer Mentor Program including
recruitment and training of peer mentors and supervision of graduate assistant.
· Collaborate with team members regarding curriculum building for the ASPIRE
· Assist with management of community resource events including: evaluating
prospective venues to share the Kinney Center’s mission and recruitment of
SCHOLARS to staff events.
· Attend University Admissions events, information sessions, conferences, and
resource fairs on behalf of the Kinney Center.
· Special event planning as needed including promotion, organization, and staffing.
· Assist with marketing and ASD presentations to local venues and school systems.
· Support College Bound Retreat, ASPIRE supported employment, and others ASPIRE
initiatives during summer months.
· Responsible for supervision of 1 Graduate Assistant
· Support and assist Saint Joseph’s University Admissions events to promote College
Preparation and ASPIRE Programs.
· Use the Kinney Center’s online application/portal to manage records and receive
· Assist with the review of program applicants and the acceptance/orientation process.
· Assist with the creation and design of information that goes to families, therapists,
teachers, autism service providers, schools, and the autism community on programs,
education and training, and clinical services.
· Assist with the creation and design of information that goes to federal and state
organizations and private organizations with foundations for grants and/or donations.
· Market programs to appropriate venues/organizations.
· All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of College
About Saint Joseph's University, Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support
The Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, PA, is a community-facing service, education and research organization that provides comprehensive and caring individualized support for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
The Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support has a two-fold mission: to educate and train the autism professionals of tomorrow, while supporting and serving the individuals and families affected by autism today.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Saint Joseph’s University. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Saint Joseph’s University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Saint Joseph’s University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Saint Joseph’s University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Saint Joseph’s University.