University of Idaho
Regular Faculty – Assistant Professor of Psychology
Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $69,826 – $74,580, commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Psychology and Communication at the University of Idaho is seeking to appoint a tenure-track assistant professor in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, or related area. We are particularly interested in candidates whose research focuses on topics relevant to clinical or counseling psychology, especially with regard to vulnerable and underserved populations.
Candidates must be able to teach key courses at the undergraduate level; e.g., abnormal psychology. They will also supervise graduate student research, as well as conduct research and secure external funding.
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology;
- Experience in teaching undergraduate courses.
- Expertise in advising or working with college student populations;
- Ability to work collaboratively both with faculty and staff in the department and across campus;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellence in teaching undergraduate courses in a variety of formats;
- Experience with online delivery of content, web technologies, and/or social media;
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound and thorough information to undergraduate students seeking both terminal degrees and those hoping to pursue graduate education.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001066P
Posting Date: 10/11/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications must be received by December 1, 2022 for priority review. Applicant materials must include all of the following:
1) cover letter
2) curriculum vitae
3) 2-3 page statement describing current and future research projects (upload as Statement of Research)
4) 2-3 page pedagogy statement (upload as Statement of Teaching)
5) writing sample (upload as Other Document 1)
6) list of 3 references
7) diversity statement that details how your teaching, service, and/or scholarship has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic field (upload as Other Document 2). *Applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further University of Idaho’s commitment to diversity.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About University of Idaho
Why U of I?
Are you brave and bold? Come be a part of the Vandal family!
The University of Idaho is committed to promoting access and inclusion, which is supported by the Office of Equity and Diversity. A variety of programs, services and policies promote our diversity initiatives and contribute to a respectful, responsive environment that supports the entire university population.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes core benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, as well as retirement and other exciting supplemental benefits that enhance the employment experience and life at U of I.
Employee Assistance Plan: Benefit Services offers a robust employee assistance program that is free and confidential. It provides eligible employees and their families with the opportunity to discuss personal problems with a professional counselor, receive unlimited telephone and Internet access to resource and referral information and obtain other self-help information.
Time Away from Work: The university offers a generous paid time off package for benefit-eligible employees, as well as 12 paid holidays a year.
Lactation Rooms: Designated locations across campus offer private rooms and resources for mothers to breastfeed or pump.
Campus Recreation: Student Recreation Center memberships are available to board-appointed U of I faculty, staff and their spouses. Employees must use payroll deduction for memberships.
Eligible employees can purchase wellness passes for the Student Recreation Center using payroll deduct.
Events: Check out what university events are being offered, including seminars, classes, arts/entertainment, and social gatherings.
Educational Resources: Benefit-eligible employees and their families can enroll in University of Idaho courses at discounted rates using the education benefit.
U of I Children's Center: University employees have access to a year-round, child-centered child care center, conveniently located on campus. Fees vary depending on age and schedule.
About the area
Located in the beautiful rolling hills of the Palouse, Moscow is a great place to live, work and play! In addition to housing our residential campus, this safe, close-knit community offers amazing restaurants, arts and entertainment, shopping, recreational activities, and breathtaking natural beauty.
The University of Idaho also provides state-wide impact through other campus locations including:
If you have any questions about pursuing a career at U of I, contact email@example.com or 208-885-3611.