Classification: Faculty, Full-Time
Reports to: Chair, MACP
Location: Antioch University Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
Compensation: CA $69,300
Antioch University Graduate School of Counseling, Psychology, and Therapy seeks a Clinical Faculty member for the Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Program (MACP) in Santa Barbara to take the lead in overseeing graduate students' clinical training and developing the program’s clinical training component, including development and oversight of the program’s core clinical skills classes. Demonstrated competence in multicultural psychology clinical training requirements leading to Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT) and Professional Clinical Counseling (LPCC) California licensure and any of the following areas is highly desired: clinical practice, family systems, somatic psychotherapy, or Latinx mental health. The candidate’s continued clinical practice is encouraged as an important mentorship component.
Responsibilities include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Teaches 12 quarter units of direct instruction as a substantive part of engagement in student learning.
- Mentors and advises students in clinical training within the program.
- Confers with students on practicum placements and collaborates with external sites.
- Oversees graduate student clinical training and placements.
- Plays a major role in the practicum orientation process.
- Coordinates all aspects of practicum site placements; develops new external sites; maintains contact with sites and clinical supervisors serving as university liaison, consults with supervisors and sites to assure compliance with ethical and professional standards and training guidelines.
- Coordinates open houses, traineeship fairs, consortium meetings and community building activities, and oversees all documentation related to clinical training.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant regulations and California licensing laws.
- Develops documents as necessary, coordinates MOUs with placement sites, reviews supervisor evaluations and student self-evaluations.
- The position involves administrative coordination, including updating training manuals in consultation with the Chair
- Additional activities in support of student learning include supporting new and continuing faculty teaching clinical skills and practicum courses. Meets as needed with instructors to review course requirements, the importance of providing student feedback, and the overall importance of clinical suitability benchmarks.
- Institutional citizenship activities involve reviews of new student applications and interviews with candidates; departmental initiatives such as curriculum development; and service on campus, school and/or university wide committees.
About Antioch University
Antioch University provides learner-centered education to empower students with the knowledge and skills to lead meaningful lives and to advance social, racial, economic, and environmental justice.
Antioch aspires to be a leading university offering learners and communities transformative education in a global context that fosters innovation and inspires social action.
In radical recognition of our mission and purpose, we pledge to actively engage in ongoing development as a wholly inclusive community. To this end we will consistently, deliberately and systematically strive to be appropriately responsive to the myriad dimensions of human diversity, such that none are marginalized and all experience justice and empowerment. Moving beyond tolerance toward inclusion and the celebration of our differences, we will courageously embrace any resulting challenges as they arise, recognizing that the responsibility for this rests with each and every member of the community. We assert that we will move expeditiously toward our goals through an ongoing commitment to courageous self‐examination and respectful and honest interactions, which will lead us to the creation of formal and informal structures, policies, programs, and services that will give life to these ideals on our campuses and as we touch the world around us.
Jobs at Antioch University.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Antioch University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Antioch University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Antioch University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Antioch University.