Pacifica Extension at Pacifica Graduate Institute is seeking an Associate Director to grow and expand our online and on-campus program offerings.
This individual must possess an exceptional level of project management skills, including tracking and developing online programs from inception to execution.
The qualified applicant must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of current trends and research in the field of depth psychology, including its associated branches (Jungian, psychoanalytic, archetypal) as well as a general theoretical awareness of contemporary research in neuropsychology, clinical and counseling psychology, and the study and treatment of trauma.
General knowledge and interest in the humanities, including comparative mythology, and awareness of trends in contemporary spiritual traditions and practices (yoga, mindfulness, meditation) also valued. This individual will be responsible for curating new program content, which includes vetting online program faculty, as well as maintaining relationships with current and former program faculty.
Additional administrative responsibilities include ability to copy-edit web content, track program registrations, collaborate with marketing and Admissions departments as needed, and manage Continuing Education Credit (CEC) processes, including oversight of the distribution of CEC certificates, tracking program attendance, and maintaining CEC standards and licensure renewals. The applicant must have a thorough working knowledge of current online pedagogical best practices in higher education and be willing to seek out new technologies and online learning platforms to offer the highest-quality online experience to attendees.
- Manage all online programs from inception to launch.
- Increase Pacifica Online program attendance.
- Administrative oversight for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for all Pacifica programs and events.
- Envision new technologies for online offerings as well as ability to work within existing technological infrastructure (Zoom, D2L, Retreat Guru, Docusign).
- Oversee the management of contracts and payments for Pacifica Extension faculty.
- Analyze data to assess online learning program status and to inform decisions for future online learning programs.
- Maintain program calendaring.
- Oversee website design and analytics performance
- Respect diversity, equity, and cultural sensitivity in all program-related decisions and planning.
- Assist Senior Director with the Development and management of departmental budget
- Cultivate a programmatic roster including national and internationally renowned teachers and presenters
- Collaborate with faculty and invited presenters to co-create inspired, integrated, educational and transformational programming
- Design and develop online programming in alignment with the mission and values of the Institute and ensure integrity between academic programs and online programming
- Collaborate with multiple PGI departments including Admissions, Marketing and Student Services
- Build relationships within the local and greater community to promote and expand the reach of Pacifica Online and mission-aligned Institutes to facilitate mutually enriching strategic collaboration
- Continued and on-going market research into cutting edge thought leaders and contemporary authors and teachers
About Pacifica Graduate Institute
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an accredited graduate school offering masters and doctoral degree programs framed in the traditions in depth psychology. The Institute has established an educational environment that nourishes respect for cultural diversity and individual differences, and an academic community that fosters a spirit of free and open inquiry. Students have access to an impressive array of education resources on Pacifica’s two campuses, both of which are located between the coastal foothills and the Pacific Ocean, a few miles south of Santa Barbara, California.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Pacifica Graduate Institute, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the Pacifica Graduate Institute and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the Pacifica Graduate Institute are posted, sign up at new job openings at the Pacifica Graduate Institute.