Assistant Professor- Psy&Hlth Beh-GDBH&DD
Job ID: 243231
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.The primary work location for this position is within the Augusta University Medical Center or other Augusta University Health System Clinic Space and is subject to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services guidelines. The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or an approved exemption. Your application to this position confirms you are aware of this requirement and agree to provide proof of either COVID vaccination or our organization's approval of a medical or religious exemption.All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Job ID: 243231Position # 20009273
The Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Professor (M.D., D.O., M.B.B.S.). We will be able to support candidates that need a J1 visa waiver, H1B, O1A or HHS visa. The position will include clinical and educational duties, with the possibility of some support for clinical research.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned by the Clinical and Program Directors and Regional Hospital Administrator.
- Provide clinical leadership and guidance to Behavior Specialists and HSTs in the clinical management and treatment of individuals at ECRH.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring for efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of Forensic services (i.e., all therapy, testing and assessment).
- Contribute to the overall goals of the organization as a representative of Forensic services.
- Promote the development utilization of the Recovery Model within ECRH treatment services.
- Leadership support and participation in interdisciplinary educational efforts with psychiatry fellows, residents, medical students, nursing students, and psychology forensic fellows through didactic instruction as well as informal mentoring, teaching, and training in the clinical setting.
- Provide instruction to Augusta University students to include mentoring, advising, directly supervising, providing evaluation and timely feedback, and contributing to live lectures and small groups.
- Coordinate and conduct research and/or education projects as approved by the Department of Psychiatry and Health Behaviors leadership.
- 50% of your time will be allocated towards Teaching/Instruction.
- Prior to the arrival of your first fellow under your supervision, somewhat less than 50% of your time will be spent towards the administration of the fellowship and somewhat more will be spent your personal delivery of patient care.
- Participate in the delivery of clinical services for the Forensic Unit in conjunction with the overall mission of ECRH, assuring that accrediting standards are met, and policies are followed.
- Once the forensic fellowship is fully operational with a fellow, then 50% of your time will be allocated towards Patient Care.
- Prior to the arrival of your first fellow under your supervision, less than 50% of your time will be spent towards the administration of the fellowship and somewhat more will be spent your personal delivery of patient care.
- Take a share of weeknight, weekend, and holiday call for the adult psychiatry service at the main Augusta University hospital, in rotation with the rest of the Augusta University adult psychiatry faculty.
- This is estimated to be one weekend of call per calendar quarter requiring rounding in the hospital, one holiday per year requiring rounding in the hospital, and two weeknights of telephone backup of the residents per month.
M.D., MBBS, or D.O. and forensic training.Georgia license eligibility, psychiatry board certification or eligibility.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=243231&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2c4fa178b1c9454da8d9d0f21d581881
About Augusta University
Augusta Awaits You
A comprehensive research university with an academic medical center located in the storied city of Augusta, Georgia, Augusta University provides boundless opportunity for employees to further their passion for teaching, discovery, service, and clinical practice on four campuses in Augusta and branch campuses across the state.
Augusta University seeks to recruit and retain top talent in all our jobs. With more than 12,000 dedicated employees, each plays a vital role in the University’s mission to shape leaders, provide exemplary patient care, work on groundbreaking research, provide foundational knowledge, support students, and work collaboratively to solve global challenges. Opportunities range from benefits eligible positions to temporary opportunities at full or part-time, depending upon the specific job.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Augusta University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Augusta University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Augusta University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Augusta University.