Assistant/Associate Professor of School Psychology (3341)
Pocatello – Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This position will have teaching, research and scholarship, and service responsibilities in the Master and Educational Specialist programs in School Psychology. This position also participates in advising, recruiting and other student and College support functions.
The successful candidate will teach three courses per semester including practicum seminar/supervision, research/scholarship, and service responsibilities (e.g., supporting candidates' portfolio development and defense) in the School Psychology Program. Also, he or she will participate in advising, recruiting, and performing other college support functions.
- Earned doctorate in School Psychology or related areas (ABD will be considered)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- A record of scholarly accomplishment commensurate with experience
- Experience teaching school psychology related courses (e.g., psycho-diagnosis, legal and ethical issues in school psychology, consultation in schools, practicum in school psychology)
- Advise graduate students and guide student research projects
- Experience teaching in on-line, distance, or virtual environments
- Content-area certification
- Record of scholarly productivity and grant submission
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled. Salary will be between $58,000 to $70,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1737
Type: Working 9 months per year
Position: Faculty Tenure Track
Division: Idaho State University